Re-connect soak away

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I would be grateful for some opinions.

The previous owner of our house decided to disconnect the soakaway on the side and direct the downpipe into bins. I now want to re-connect the pipe, but I pulled up slabs directly below the pipe only to find earth and no obvious connection. Thinking about our other drainpipes are connected to soakaways however this pipe is directed to the side of the house rather to the rear or garden. So if reconnect the pipe should I direct towards the garden, so put in a 90 degree bent or direct towards the side fence, which is the end fence of my neighbours garden. I only have about 1 metre of earth before it turns into a tarmac path so I don't have much space to dig and lay new pipes, also a green house lies directly towards the garden...

The downpipe does not take much rainwater so I'm not concerned about floating the area, I just want to get it right first time.

Ta

Wig

Sponsored Links
I don't really understand your post, maybe a sketch of the layout would help ....

How do you know the RWP that drains into the bins used to drain into a soakaway and if so how do you know that that soakaway is still any good?

Asking in nthe Building Section of the forum would also be better.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back