re-locating sink unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wish to move a one and a half sink unit. I think it is an MFI installation.
Problem is the h & c pipes from the mixer tap are connected to the 15mm copper supply pipes with white plastic elbows I have not come across before. They are slightly smaller than average compression fittings but do not have nuts on them. (me excluded). I get the feeling they may be a snap -on type fitting, if so can they be re-used by me or do they have to be replaced? It looks like they may have a tapered ring pushed in from each side (like a collet).
Any help greatly appreciated.
geegee

Sponsored Links
They are known as PushFit fittings and are easy to remove and reuse. this may help

Thanks DAZB
That looks like what I have under the sink. Any tips on how to remove?
geegee

Sponsored Links
if they are the twist and loc then you unscrew the big bit 1/4 ish of a turn and push the flat end into the fitting where the pipe enters, then the pipe pulls out at the same time. It may be the older oe secured by a plastic circlip to prevent removal, take the circlip off and undo the same. If unclear go here http://www.speedfit.co.uk/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back