Sink pipe

Sponsored Links
Before pics, (before I meddled lol)

Attachments

• 9E359F5F-8F4C-4573-BEED-7B98E77C3F35.jpeg
    9E359F5F-8F4C-4573-BEED-7B98E77C3F35.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 49
Next issue I will have is trying to cleanup the metal rad as if I change it I will need to drain down the CH system and I ain’t confident doing that.

any tips on cleaning a metal towel rail up please? Also the 2 valves at the bottom don’t turn too good, is it just a case of some WD40?

thanks so far

Sponsored Links
Could be an illusion but your bath waste appears to be running uphill? Bathroom rad, post photo and I might be able to explain better. If you only need to replace like for like (eg same size), no need to drain system.

Always better to give us the pictures first, then we can see exactly what you're trying to achieve. Given you've altered the far end of the waste run, and it's accessible, slotting a Tee into the run shouldn't have been difficult. Ideally you could have used a solvent weld tee, 45° bend to get you upright, then a piece of pipe and a 90° bend to bring it out to suit basin trap height. As The Novice has said above, make sure that bath waste isn't running uphill.

Rad, again put some pics up of what you have, and we'll be better able to advise. Valves may be tight from not being used for several years, WD40 isn't likely to help, and biggest concern is going to be are they likely to start weeping if disturbed....

On the main stretch it’s definitely downhill but I see what you mean now on the picture, I will have a fiddle with that tomorrow thanks.

I have removed the towel radiator and just left the turn wheel (like a ships steering wheel) valves on which are currently stopping the water going everywhere, from what I understand if I was to remove these I would need to drain all the system 1st, these is one on each pipe in and out and one of them fills with a little water pool over time so keen to get the beggar back in the wall or buy a new rad and drain down.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back