Re-plastering a wall having to face a socket

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to re-plaster a wall where the plaster is cracked in some areas. How do I go about plastering around/behind sockets?

Many Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Best practice is to remove the socket/switch plates connect the wires to terminal blocks then tape up and push them into the pattress box.

Kill the power 1st and test for dead ;)

The wall is actually rendered with sand/cement and some sort of unknowed white finishing coat (I thought it was all gypsum plaster before removing it). I want to re-render the wall again, but it will probably take a couple of days to dry. I will need to turn the power back on. Could I leave the wires in terminal blocks taped up inside the pattress box and the whole box unscrewed and slightly coming forward? I suppose I could also tape part of the cables showing between the brickwork and the box, ie tape the reds, then the blacks and finally the greens/yellows for extra protection? Thank you!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back