Re-plastering hallway, some questions...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically, the plaster in the hallway is way past its best, many patch-ups, skims and crumbling has left a pretty shocking surface.

I'm thinking the best approach really is to just rip it all off and start afresh on bare brick.

A couple of the walls are external walls, and has had DPC injected in the past, inside has had dri-coat (i assume) plastered to about 1m. Is this worth ripping off? (its extremely tough). And if i do take it off do i plaster with dri-coat again or will normal hardwall plaster be suitable?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If you have had damp issues perhaps a sand and cement render with water proofer would be best, if the bottom meter was applied recently and is good perhaps just hack off the top half and bring that out to the bottom half and skim over.

Sponsored Links
How long lasting will the skim over the dri coat be? Ideally we would want to paint direct to the wall without papering if going to this amount of work. I've heard cracks appear when just a skim are done, and will it adhere well to the smooth surface?

Ta

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back