Re pointing between slabs ? How to do it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
B0D5BDA5-A79D-4E49-9DD1-1F14CC17DF60.jpeg
Hi everyone the cement between my slabs in the garden is wearing away, and weeds are growing through, how do I repoint or refill the gaps between the slabs to get a good seal, do I use a mix of cement and sand? And how do I stop cement going into slabs as it stains and marks them, what type of mixture is best any advice or help would be great thank you

Sponsored Links
Chip/scrape out ALL the old stuff so you have nice clean edges between the slabs.
Make up a dry mix of 4 parts mortar or sand with 1 part cement and brush it between the gaps. Press it down firmly because it will shrink when it dries out. Once it's packed in simply use a hose on light spray to wet it and allow to set.

Ok great idea thank you can I use postcrete cement or should I just use normal cement?

the gravel in postcrete would be too big for pointing, ditto for the "sharp sand" sold by some high st type merchants, look at the reviews online first

Sponsored Links
Ok thanks what is the wet mortar mix? Or do I buy a ready made mortar mix?

4 mortar to one geo fix lol or no mortar just geofix how confusing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back