Re-pointing roof verge

I

iateyoubutler

Good morning all :)

I am a total newbie to this (I only found out half an hour ago that`s it`s called the roof "verge"!), but as I was leaving for work this morning I noticed that several clumps of the mortar had fallen out from under the tiles and were on the deck.

After the initial panic that I`ve got to try and find somebody to sort this and it`s going to cost me silly money, I decided I`ll have a go at it.

So, I understand that it all needs to be scraped out and prepared etc, but what goes into the mortar, and to what consistency etc? Once I know that I can buy the materials and make a start.

Typical, I want to sell the place next year and everything is falling apart right now!

Many thanks for any advice

Sponsored Links
Can somebody please advise? I`m not asking the earth here..................

Sponsored Links
Depending on the roof pitch you may find a roofer willing to redo it for £400 or so...? Probably worth just paying to have it done?

Here is a thread about the mix. Looks like 4:1 sand:cement with about a 1/3 of it sharp sand?

I think the poster called Vinn had some advice on the subject ... put it into the search box at the top right hand corner. Me, I'm just a retired jobbing plumber, but I learn a lot on Diy not (y)

Depending on the roof pitch you may find a roofer willing to redo it for £400 or so...? Probably worth just paying to have it done?

Here is a thread about the mix. Looks like 4:1 sand:cement with about a 1/3 of it sharp sand?
Thankyou

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back