re-pressurising sime format -how??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, need some help with this one please.

Lady next door has no heating. I've looked and the pressure guage is at zero.

However, i cant get it to fill and she has no instructions. Underneath the combi on the cold inlet and heating return i can see 2 blue plastic knobs. A small filling loop connects these. Turning both of these has no effect. I loosened the filling loop where its screwed into the check valve on the heating side and plenty of water began to drip.

Is there something i'm missing or do the filling valves on these seize up. How do i fill this combi??

Many thannks.

Sponsored Links
hi i would check to see if the plastic tops are actually turning the shaft of the valve as these can sometimes seize and the plastic top turns but does not turn the valve on, also the double check valve can seize up i have had 1 that has done the same and no water would go into the system

mick

Valves on these are prone to seizing. From what you say it seems as if the inlet valve is stuck open as youre getting a flow of mains water when you loosen the filling loop at the checkvalve. As gasmick says it seems as if the checkvalve has seized.

Could you add an external filling loop to the pipework below the boiler??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back