Re-Roofing flat garage roof - What to use - not DIY

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A question for the Roofing Contractors here. I am very much aware of the vast array of Flat roofing materials available these days but not really up to speed on what may be the right choice.

The project a neighbour wants me to help with is re-roofing a flat roofed attached garage - A straight forward project that will only be complicated with some minor repairs/replacements to existing boarding affected by leaks in the old roof.

What flat roofing system would you consider as good value for an uninsulated roof installed by a contractor and what guarantee term should be expected from the system you rate. Assume falls exist in the original timber construction. Detailing should be be limited to upstands and drip into guttering along one side. No requirement for future access other than maintainance, so not used as a "balcony" or similar.

In the past I would have suggested a simple hot lay felt roof installed by a local and reputable firm. What I don't know is, what is the favoured system in use these days?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back