Re-roofing - Workmanship opinion needed on recent / ongoing job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I’ve recently undertaken a re-roof on my terraced house.

The company I used had many 5 star reviews on reputable sites however after further digging I believe the majority to be fake reviews. I believe the company has subbed the work out. Lots of things that have happened throughout the project has subsequently left me unsure of the workmanship.

I'm not a roof expert so was hoping you kind people would be able to give your opinions. Hopefully it's not too bad.

Thanks

Attachments

• Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    491.5 KB · Views: 181
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    512.4 KB · Views: 175
  • Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    577.9 KB · Views: 160
  • Image (1).jpeg
    Image (1).jpeg
    461.2 KB · Views: 154
  • Image (2).jpeg
    Image (2).jpeg
    461.4 KB · Views: 154
  • Image (19).jpeg
    Image (19).jpeg
    308.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Image (3).jpeg
    Image (3).jpeg
    448.6 KB · Views: 173
  • Image (11).jpeg
    Image (11).jpeg
    366.6 KB · Views: 169
  • Image (13).jpeg
    Image (13).jpeg
    372.7 KB · Views: 157
  • Image (19).jpeg
    Image (19).jpeg
    420.5 KB · Views: 205
Sponsored Links
Erm. Some of it seems disproportionately neat considering other parts of it are a bit on the rough side; looking at the valley cuts all over the place and the bizarre rendering over the chimney flashing I was really quite surprised they'd installed a render bead ..

Thanks for commenting. I did notice the valley cuts and I also agree that the rendering over the chimney is bizarre, why would they do it like that? What do you mean by surprised they’d installed a render bead, only asking because as I mentioned I’ve no ideas about roofing. Is this a poor job in your opinion?

Also when I look at the houses next to mine it looks as though the led goes over the first tile and up the parapet wall is that an issue?

Sponsored Links
probably would look better if they rendered the whole chimney. So annoying when its the little details that let down the whole job

Thanks for reply, they did repoint the chimney in black mortar...

Does the rest of the job look acceptable in your opinion?

The valley cuts are all over the place as Robin kindly mentioned above, is this a major problem?

The Ridge looks wonky due to the velux window installed again is this a major problem?

Are the parapet flashings ok as looks completely different to the houses next to mine.

Thanks in advance

Also when I look at the houses next to mine it looks as though the led goes over the first tile and up the parapet wall is that an issue?
Are you asking if the houses next to yours have some issue?

Sorry I should’ve been more specific, I just meant that mine is not the same detail as my neighbours and is that an issue?

The velux is fitted poorly, valley a mess, there are tiles with channels off, the chimney needs flashing correctly .
Parapet flashings won't last . ....for now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back