Re-site Combi-Boiler from Bedroom to Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

Approx 7 years ago I had a new combi boiler fitted by British Gas, it's a C1 .

It was installed in the back bedroom upstairs ( I live in a normal sized 3 bed terrace house built in about 1920).

I would like to have this boiler moved downstairs into the kitchen which is in a single storey extension. Before I get anyone round for an official quote are there any potential problems with doing this?

The distance from the bedroom to where I would prefer the boiler to be fitted is approx 8 metres with an electrical supply to spur into right nearby. The gas supply pipe would also need extending to the kitchen.

Any idea roughly what price I am looking at?

Thanks for any help

Andy

Sponsored Links
how longs a peice of string
what type floor boards have you got.
what is the total length of gad pipe needed
this and many other question are needed

There is more work moving a boiler than fitting a new one.

If its not condensing then I would say that its not worth moving it and its questionable that its permitted under the Building Regulations as it does not meet current standards which require a condensing boiler.

I would probably charge about £840 but without seeing its difficult to know whats involved.

Someone short of work might do it for about £300.

Tony

Sponsored Links
how longs a peice of string
what type floor boards have you got.
what is the total length of gad pipe needed
this and many other question are needed

How longs a peice of string = 8 metres!!

Floor boards are normal plank type ( All involved rooms will be cleared and floor boards lifted prior to installation. No making good required.

Not sure what gad pipe is ...if you mean gas pipe then if from front of house where meter is then about 15 metres, if from the bedroom then 8.

Thanks for help

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back