boiler in bedroom?

well seeing as a house needs a heating appliance and plumbing surely architechts should be desinging around these services..a boiler room or cupboard is the best place on the ground floor if you are wondering

Sponsored Links
And if a combi boiler is replacing a traditional cylinder fed system, the airing cupboard is often the best/most cost effective position. Most boilers I fit are near silent, and when put in a decent cupboard are totally silent.

If the cost of the install is to be met by the tax payer then mores the better.

B-A - directed at you? Not really, but Councils and HA's are not going to hike the rent like a private landlord would for perceived upgrades.

I do admit to having strong view on this thing though I try to be balanced.

Having never been eligible for 'owt since free dinners at school, and seeing the amount I dish out in various tax collections each month.... Whilst I don't doubt the OP's right to some assistance from the state, I do maintain it shouldn't be "for life" and certain things involved with the upkeep of the building should certainly not be by committee or democracy. Perhaps a debate for the GD forum? But there are too many nutters in there ;).

my parents lived in council accomodation in edinburgh in the 60s so i was a council house kid
my dad being a train driver well actually a fireman of 16 or so years service moved to surrey after the aftermath of the beeching cuts to procure his full job as a driver
like father like son
anyway i didnt agree with thatcher selling housing cheaply as did the labour in next
not to stop people bettering them selves but the lack off building new was criminal from both parties causing the obscene private rental levels off now

any way the point i am making is people deserve a basic or better living standard
they should not have a second rate deal because polititions wanted to win votes by selling housing stock off at a great discount
i personally have never relied on social housing but thats my good fortune rather than putting down others :eek:

Sponsored Links
my parents lived in council accomodation in edinburgh in the 60s so i was a council house kid
my dad being a train driver well actually a fireman of 16 or so years service moved to surrey after the aftermath of the beeching cuts to procure his full job as a driver
like father like son
anyway i didnt agree with thatcher selling housing cheaply as did the labour in next
not to stop people bettering them selves but the lack off building new was criminal from both parties causing the obscene private rental levels off now

any way the point i am making is people deserve a basic or better living standard
they should not have a second rate deal because politicians wanted to win votes by selling housing stock off at a great discount
i personally have never relied on social housing but thats my good fortune rather than putting down others :eek:

crist it was so good i had to repeat my self :D :D
sorry about that

Not sure what was so good about it... the only thoughts I had were "So what?".

Both sets of my grand parents were "in service". One side of which eventually worked for the council and were entitled to accommodation. ALL their children (my parents, aunts and uncles) to a head are in private accommodation and take nothing from the state except for child benefit.

So What? Social housing should be there as an emergency fall back position IMHO. I am of the opinion that there should be strict limits on the duration of entitlement - backed up by help/training/education to lift people into independence of the state.

Too much has been wasted on the wastrils.

And OP - if you are still reading this... I assume nothing in your case!

take nothing from the state except for child benefit.

So What? Social housing should be there as an emergency fall back position IMHO. I am of the opinion that there should be strict limits on the duration of entitlement - backed up by help/training/education to lift people into independence of the state.

whilst i fully agree about" fallback" on the state
social housing is essential for perhaps around half the population more so throughout the world in general
only in the uk is owning your own property held at such a high level most advanced societies have much higher levels of social housing

I never said anything about whether or not people should own or rent... Merely, indirectly, that a council tenant will never pay the same in rent/other charges (without assistance) than a person with a mortgage for an equivalent property over a lifetime.

Therefore by inference, they do not "deserve" to have an asset at the end of that period - which IMHO extends to the offspring having a lifetime right to the same property. Although I would have no objection to a defined period of grace following the loss of a parent.

Gracious ain't I?

most advanced societies have much higher levels of social housing

And they also have much higher tax bills, 4 day weeks and have old people snuffing it in warm winters.... ooopss that's the Frenchies....

But it is the same thing

Just because other people do it, doesn't make it the right thing to do.... Lack of aspiration and fecklessness is a cancer ruining this nation. And those striving to better themselves are being dragged back down by association.

Glad to see even after a few drinks Dan .

"It doesnt bother me in the least"
;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back