Do i need to replace my boiler??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

Apologies in advance if this is on the wrong page....

I've recently purchased an old terraced house. I'm planning to rent it out and have had booked in a plumber for a gas safety certificate.

The boiler is an old wall mount unit, push to ignite style, in the kitchen next to the window.

he has come back to me and said the boiler is an illegal fit and is in the wrong position being too close to the window. He says i need a new boiler locating in a small extension bedroom upstairs and has quoted me £2350

Or alternatively a new boiler fitted further away from the window with an extended plume for approx. £1650.

The boiler has been like this for years and i understand the property was rented out prior to me purchasing it.
Would it not be possible to extend the flume as it is to avoid such big costs?
Or seal the window? In fact - i believe the window was sealed prior to purchase but my builders repaired this to allow opening... i wonder if this was why it was sealed?

They won't certify it now..

Help appreciated!!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back