New Build Condy Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am in the process of purchasing a new build property. When I was visiting the property yesterday I noticed that the plume from the condy boiler crosses an upstairs window; which can be opened and has vents. The boiler vent is approximately 400mm to left and 400mm below the window.

Clearly, the plume direction is dependent on the wind direction, but I would be surprised if this situation was acceptable. I have looked through the "Guide to Condensing Boiler Installation Assessment Procedure for Dwellings" guide but their is no clear acceptable limit. Please can someone provide some advice.

Sponsored Links
You have not mentioned the boiler make and model so we cannot give you any accurate advice!

The Manufacturer's instructions will give details but may need a boiler engineer to interpret them as in addition the flue should be fitted so tthat it not cause any danger or inconvenience.

Tony

most need to be at least 300mm horizontally to comply, but even over this size may cause a nuisance while complying

Thanks. I believe the manufacturer is Ideal but I'm not sure of the model. I will go and check later and let you know.

I'm thinking of including it in a snag list but I wanted some backup if they disregard my concerns, so may pay for a GasSafe engineer to review it.

Sponsored Links
You can get a free visit from Gas Safe if you persuade them that you think its unsafe.

Tony

Thanks. I a free inspection on their website (as part of quality control) but it said 2-3months until they come to site. I may phone them and see if they would like to review a "new build installation".

Thanks. I looked at a free inspection on their website (as part of quality control) but it said 2-3months until they come to site. I may phone them and see if they would like to review a "new build installation".

You need to make a complaint about a substandard installation!

Not ask to be considered for selection as a routine inspection.

Tony

To lighten the mood it wont be long before the Ideal Breaks down, and the plume will stop :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Thats no consolation while its still working and pluming into the open window.

Some Ideals work for several months after installation!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back