Boiler flue nuisance looking for solutions

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

The house next door to me has been bought and the new couple are renervating the house.

They've installed a new boiler with a vertical flue that exits above two of my windows.

Most of the time it's not an issue but in cold weather it plumes and when the wind catches it, it blows the steam directly AT my bedroom window.

Firstly I'd like your guy's opinions on if this flue meets guidelines on placement as it seems really close to my property.

Secondly I'd like to know of anything can be done to improve it? I don't want to get off on a bad foot with new neighbours and they seem nice so just want to approach them with a solution if possible.

I've added a pic of the flues possition taken from my bedroom window towards it so you have an idea.

Any help welcome.

Attachments

• 20170107_115806.jpg
    20170107_115806.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 236
  • 20170107_115806.jpg
    20170107_115806.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 261
Sponsored Links
when you say "above my windows" do you mean "on their roof which my windows look and up across to?"

Yes, sorry:

The flue comes out onto the roof of their property and it is opposite to the left of my window (as I look out from it)

But the most important aspect is not mentioned by you or shown in the pictures.

That is the distance between flue and your window!

But it would seem to be a very odd wind which would blow the plume directly to your window as well as downwards!

Whilst no flue should be installed so that the gasses can enter any part of a building, I cannot see that one can be considered likely to cause any problem at all.

Now how about a picture showing the plume entering your window?

Do you really leave your bedroom windows open when the temperature at night is almost freezing?

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back