PLUME FROM CONDENSING BOILER WAFTING PAST MY HOUSE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I would be grateful if anyone out there can help me solve a problem regarding a plume from my neighbours newly installed central heating boiler.

The condensing plume is about 6 inches from the centre of the party wall between the neighbours house and mine.

When there is only the slightest breeze the plume from the boiler travels past my windows and is very heavy at times, it also smells. It it like living on an industrial estate. I understand that the plume is harmless but even so it is very unsightly and prevents me from opening the windows now and again to let in some fresh air.

I have made enquiries with the main body who regulates gas fitters, it would appear that this is a common problem- I was told that the best thing was to keep my windows closed when the boiler is throwing out the steam etc.,

This seems totally unfair and one sided, my own central heating system has to conform with safety standards yet I have to put put up with this condense wafting past my windows.

Any suggestions would be welcome as I do not want to fall out with the neighbours and would welcome any advice from those in the know regarding current regulations. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Any suggestions would be welcome as I do not want to fall out with the neighbours and would welcome any advice from those in the know regarding current regulations. Thank you.

what did they say when you mentioned this to them?

It seems that your objection is that of "seeing" the plume. So that if it was not a condensing boiler it would not bother you.

I cannot make any technical comments on the boiler siting unless you can post a dimensioned sketch showing exactly where its located.

Not many people open their windows when its almost freezing outside!

Tony

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back