Smoke from condensing boiler

lookup the corgi website and give them a ring they can send an inspector out and if hes not happy he can investigate further and get h.s.e involved if neccesary, looks illegal to me right on the boundary . be prepared to fall out with your neighbours

Sponsored Links
I dont recommend falling out with the neighbours.

Unless its a Warmhouse grant aided installation in which case you can bypass the owners and deal directly with the installers ( who usually do a shoddy job! ).

The regulations require the nearest part of the flue to be at least 300 mm from the centreline of the party wall.

No URL for draft regulations but gather draft was sent to Councils and CORGI seem to work to it as well and were probably included in the consultation too.

Tony

1.do we know the make of that new boiler.
2.makers instructions on an old isar boiler for example says,pluming will occur at the terminal so terminal positions where this could cause a nuisance should be avoided.
if that is your boiler flue visable in photo,i would be conserned that water vapour will be pulled into your flue and corrode it quicker than normal.

Sponsored Links
Thanks all - unfortunately don't know the make of the new boiler - and yes that other vent is ours ... here's a couple more pix from the side.Their vent is the one directly above the black drainpipe which runs just to the side of the boundary on their side. Where the brickwork goes a lighter colour is our side.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back