boiler in bedroom?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all hope someone can advise me.We have been moved out of our council house for major work to be done 7 months is now gone and we are having keys back tomorrow,there is now a combi boiler in my son's bedroom,They have made a cuboard in his bedroom to put this boiler in it WITHOUT my permission and now have less room,the old tank we had was in the kitchen and they have told me the new boiler will not fit there because of health and safty laws.The flume is now going out side and is directly over a flat roof wich is my kitchen?
Is this all ok ?
Or am I overreacting?

Sponsored Links
Dan how is it free ,guy prob pays rent council taxes and income tax.
And probably in the lifetime of the property has paid a lot more than you have buying yours with no asset to show for it

Sponsored Links
landlords

??

council house

??

Perhaps I should have put "nominal" then. In which case I apologise.

in the lifetime of the property has paid a lot more than you have buying yours

Somehow I doubt that; but still.... if it is indeed the case, I apologise.

with no asset to show for it

Isn't that the point of social housing?

Anyway. the OP has a nice shiny new boiler that was put somewhere because elf n safety wouldn't allow it to go in the other logical position... why would it then be dangerous in the chosen [by the owners] location?

Average council rent 90 ? a week times 50 as usually a couple of what they call free weeks a year £4500 a year say he is in council house from 25 year old to 75 so 50 years total paid with no allowance for inflation at all £225,000 in reality closer to £300,000.
So yep nice free boiler

landlords

??

council house

??

Perhaps I should have put "nominal" then. In which case I apologise.

in the lifetime of the property has paid a lot more than you have buying yours

Somehow I doubt that; but still.... if it is indeed the case, I apologise.

with no asset to show for it

Isn't that the point of social housing?

Anyway. the OP has a nice shiny new boiler that was put somewhere because elf n safety wouldn't allow it to go in the other logical position... why would it then be dangerous in the chosen [by the owners] location?

Just dont understand why they have put it in a childs bedroom?
Sure it would go in loft ? or the master bedroom which has space ?
As for the free quote NOTHING IS FREE IN THE WORLD NOT EVEN DEATH

Average council rent 90 ? a week times 50 as usually a couple of what they call free weeks a year £4500 a year say he is in council house from 25 year old to 75 so 50 years total paid with no allowance for inflation at all £225,000 in reality closer to £300,000.
So yep nice free boiler

And no maintenance costs. Without wanting to directly persecute the OP, I would be surprised if every other cost was their responsibility.

Namsag, private rent round my way is £450+ a week, plus bills and CT. Dunno want the various social housing rents are like, but they are a fraction.

So yep nice free boiler

And no maintenance costs. Without wanting to directly persecute the OP, I would be surprised if every other cost was their responsibility.

Namsag, private rent round my way is £450+ a week, plus bills and CT. Dunno want the various social housing rents are like, but they are a fraction.
COME DOWN AND LIVE IN THE BRONX :)

So does that bother you then dan that the guy pays rent and his house is maintained do you feel it comes out of your pocket as a taxpayer ???.
What if your wife had got ill within days of arriving here from Japan would it have bothered you having her looked after without ever contributing a penny to this country.
I would imagine it would not swings and roundabouts

COME DOWN AND LIVE IN THE BRONX :)

Nah - I lived in Finsbury Park for 4 years - I've had enough ;).

It doesn't bother me in the least Namsag - there is a definite need for social housing. Which you don't or very much SHOULDN'T get within a few days of arriving in the country. My missus arrived here with the means to support herself, and between her and her sister has contributed much to the country in terms of fees and taxes.

Her sister was paying £8K a year for tuition fees long before anybody here paid for high education.

Glad you cleared that up then Dan just with you saying it was free i thought you had a problem

A cheap skimped installation as per usual with the council.
Whatever was cheapest for them to install.
I never install boilers in bedrooms. Too noisy. Boilers are best in the kitchen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back