old boiler in the bedroom!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

Could do with some advice

Its time for me to start addressing various jobs in the house we bought not so long ago.

but in this forum area the big job I need to talk about is taking an old (like 25 years+ glow worm) boiler out from an upstairs bedroom and re-siting a combi in the kitchen downstairs. Having no experience of such tasks and before I begin looking into this further, I would be very grateful for some information on likely costs to fit a new combi, ripping out old one etc. Any heads ups on what needs to be considered etc etc.. best types of boiler for a four bedroom house with approx 14 rads of varying sizes.

any help appreciated

thanks

FB

Sponsored Links
Has anyone any idea of what I would need to budget (appreciate it can only be a ball park figure) for this kind of boiler installation? Thanks

Blimey! why so expensive knew it would be in the thousands but the boilers are about 1200 inc where does the next 6-8k come from???

is it hugely labour intensive? The site it will be returned to in the kitchenn has the gas feed etc from the installation before they must have moved it to the bedroom upstairs

Thanks

FB

Sponsored Links
OP . They are ripping you as very sensitive about giving prices.

Certain jobs it would not be hard to give a rough price . But the likes of yours where boiler is being moved and no one can guess how close existing heating pipes/gas pipes /electrics etc etc etc are then its got to be down to the guys who actually visit and see the job

Thanks namsag,

Well i joined this forum in the hope of some genuine advice it's a shame that some have chosen to rip it out of me! that's exactly why I joined when you have no idea of a topic, you research it, wanting some idea of a starting point. I had no prejudgement of gas/plumbing fees.

I was not after a quote, i was looking to understand more about what was likely to be involved not simply an indication of cost to the nearest 1k (I am trying to learn along the way). I appreciate there will be specifics relevant only to my job but nevertheless I would have expected a ball park indicator be possible. If there is anyone who is able to give a genuine enquirer some friendly guidance please do reply, I have no interest to elicit the earnings of this industry I just want to better plan what I should do now and what I need to plan for in a house needing much work.

Thanks for any genuine consideration,

FB

Just to add in case it should make any difference this boiler would be going back to the site of the old boiler the kitchen there are some pipes and a gas feed as well as preexisting electricity supply.

Thanks

Not much point in trying to find all the answers yourself, and then tell it to the installer.

Find a good installer, tell him what you want/need, and let him get on with it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back