Re training as an Electrical engineer???

jj4091 said:
quote]I would have thought with those quals. you could have registered with the institute, so that you could have legitamately called yourself an eng.(but why would you wnat to do that?) :)

i was registered after I qualified for for a while but let it lapse ages ago. Did it do me any favors? None at all just a free mag every month.
As I remember though I think I was only alowed to call myself an Electrical Engineering Technician.

Sponsored Links
RobFurn said:
As I remember though I think I was only alowed to call myself an Electrical Engineering Technician.

Like a Refuse Technician? They don't need any qualifications, they just pick it up as they go along!!!!!!!

Thank you and goodnight. I'm here all week!

RobFurn said:
Electricl Engineer usually means you need a Degree. I studied Electrical Engineering whilst working with a cable manufacturer I did ONC (2 years) then HNC (2 years) then the HND (1 year) all on day release 5 years of horrible slog and I still cant really call myself an Electrical Engineer :(
RobFurn has it dead right. Even after getting a degree I had to spend several years working up to a position of authority and then applied to become a Chartered Electrical Engineer. I then could claim the Electrical Engineer title. It took 10 years from start to finish.
The term Engineer is mis used and should only be used for those who are Chartered. The Media are guilty of this misleading title to unqualified individulas. I believe it is an offence in Canada to call yourself an engineer with out the necessary qualifications.

Hysteresis said:
I believe it is an offence in Canada to call yourself an engineer with out the necessary qualifications.
Unless your surname is Engineer (ie Farokh Engineer). ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back