Re-using Garage Foundations (ed.)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all

I am purchasing a house that has a double driveway with a single prefab concrete garage on one side. Not liking the look of this I want to get rid of it and build a single (or slightly larger (but not double) on the existing site. New one will be single skin brick built with a flat roof.

How do I identify if I need to redo the foundations below - would clearly rather not dig up the existing driveway only to find that what is there is perfectly sufficient.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I was told a pre fab garage didn’t need planning but it I built a garage I would need it passing and appropriate building control, so replaced with a better pre fab

Sponsored Links
I was told a pre fab garage didn’t need planning but it I built a garage I would need it passing and appropriate building control, so replaced with a better pre fab
The fact that it is a prefab is irrelevant in determining if it needs B Regs or planning
I would guess if its under 30 square metres it wont fall under B/regs.
A pre fab concrete garage under 30 sq m is exempt from B Regs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back