re-warmfront advice please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, My boiler to all intents has just been condemmed, without the sticker being put on.I am entitled to a new one using the Warmfront scheme,should I opt for it, when sticker is put on.Is there a thead of people using the scheme, and the results of it?Any advice would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If it has been condemned why is`nt there a sticker on it and why has`nt it been diconnected?. There is over a six month wait for existing applications for warmfront and new applications have been put on hold due to government spending cuts.

spraggo

I think he's just angling for a new boiler. If he can't get one he'll stick with the one he's got. ;)

Sponsored Links
If it has been condemned why is`nt there a sticker on it and why has`nt it been diconnected?. There is over a six month wait for existing applications for warmfront and new applications have been put on hold due to government spending cuts.

spraggo
Hi as I mentioned.on flue thread.They came to fix heating manifold diaphragm, waited 1 week to come.Last thursday, 2 came, one who has been twice before for minor things, other person was his Supervisor.Told me bloier was getting past it,s lifetime, picked up on,
1.Flue not sealed inside single brick garage using cement or other.
2.PRV pipe not long enough, extend it and turn towards the wall.
3.Flue showing signs of corrosion at the end of inner pipe,1.5 inches.
4.Flue birdcage end broken, replace flue or it will be condemmed, although gas emmissions ok on test.
5.No visible Earth bond at meter.
6.Trunk not sealed at wall where gas pipe exits wall to meter.

Gave me warning sheet, saying he was not putting sticker on it, notified me of faults, At risk box ticked,and if not done the sticker will be applied.
Still waiting for diaphragm part to be fitted.£10.They have covered this boiler for 6 years now, replaced parts, now all of a sudden all these points to be done.Why now?Put new 17 regs earth 10mm2 bonding in yesterday.did all other items apart from flue,£80+, got to order it.I was given Warmfront advice 18 months ago as part of their home survey.Just wondered if it was worth going down that route or as other said, put my hand in my arse pocket and get new one independantly done.Disabled and retired, so what,s wrong with getting a free one, I,ve paid enough money to the Gov over my working life.Your oppos probably wouldn,t mind doing the boiler changes if it wasn,t all stitched up.

I think he's just angling for a new boiler. If he can't get one he'll stick with the one he's got. ;)
I can afford a new one myself, and will try and make do till summer, but it means spending money to keep it.When does one say, "time to change".We are not all scroungers.Just wondered what warmfront entailed.Obviously asked the wrong people according to you

I can afford a new one myself, and will try and make do till summer, but it means spending money to keep it.When does one say, "time to change".We are not all scroungers.Just wondered what warmfront entailed.Obviously asked the wrong people according to you

The Warm front scheme has been suspended untill April ! this years budget has already been allocated , unless u reg istered before the 15th dec 2010 , apparently there are 76.000 heating & insulation jobs waiting to be installed !

The scheme will restart in April , but is likely to be different ?? but it will be smaller & more focused £210, 000,000 for 2011 to 2013 !

The Warm front scheme has been suspended untill April ! this years budget has already been allocated , unless u reg istered before the 15th dec 2010 , apparently there are 76.000 heating & insulation jobs waiting to be installed !

The scheme will restart in April , but is likely to be different ?? but it will be smaller & more focused £210, 000,000 for 2011 to 2013 !
Thanks again Transam.I registered 18 months ago. Had loft done, refused cavity, because of random stone, and as boiler is likely to be defunct, just wondered about the scheme.Heared a lot of bad reports about Eaga.iguana, but you normally only hear the bad, not the good.Plus I wasn,t sure if you can choose your boiler type, or not.Everyone I,ve heard seem to have had ideal fitted, not what I would choose if paying myself, which is very likely.I knew there was a waiting list, but how does one do without a boiler for 6 months? :)

Iv'e worked for 40 years if thats any good and I get fook all from anywhere, whats with "I'm" entitled to this that and the other with everyone.......

Joesoap1, Ignore the “rant/troll bait”, just take a look at the username :rolleyes: . He really should stick to the “General forum” where this sort of thing is the norm. Don't know why the attitude & not really sure what he's been doing for the last 40 years. ;)

I’ve never been out of work & “paid” all of my life; most of it at 40% but I’m not rich. Ignore the “chip on the shoulder” comments & claim for whatever you can, I do ;) ! You were promised it, have paid for it over many, many years & had it much harder than most of our kids experience now but they will never believe it. It won’t last much longer & I think euthanasia of the older generation (by one means or another) could seriously be on the agenda. :!:

Yes Richard but where's the money coming from? It's your kids that will suffer the excesses that we've indulged in and not paid for. The money is borrowed from China - and they want it back. Last month we borrowed 3 times what we'll spend on the Olympics. Madness. All Brown's fault.

fella by the name of vulcancontinental used to work for the warmfront scheme as a surveyor I think ( nice fella ) he would know all the in's & out's ?? ect Boilers pretty certain you got what u were given eg no choice

I think Ideals ( boiler manu ) had shares / part owned ?? or were some how tied into the company who administered warm front scheme , at one time or another ?

Yes Richard but where's the money coming from?
It’s got to come from all the dues I’ve paid (& am still paying to a certain extent) all my bloody working life through a lot of very hard graft working in conditions & long hours (not all in the UK) that most of today’s generation can’t or won’t even imagine.

It's your kids that will suffer the excesses that we've indulged in and not paid for.
Excess, what bloody excess :rolleyes: ; I don’t agree. I do OK but what I have now can hardly be regarded as excessive & I’ve paid for it in more ways than one, including working myself to a bloody frazzle for most of my life. I did it to give my kids a better start in life than I had, including the life they have now. But all most seem to do is whinge & whine about how hard it is & kick me in the balls because I took advantage of prevailing circumstances. They were bloody spoilt rotten, need to get smart, stop whinging & make their own way in today’s world; Christ even if they don’t make it they’re gonna cop the lot anyway unless I spend it in the meantime. Most of them haven’t got a clue what “hard” is like; probably making the decision on weather to have a Chinese or Indian take away delivered or call someone in to fix something or do the ironing; FFS!

The money is borrowed from China - and they want it back. Last month we borrowed 3 times what we'll spend on the Olympics. Madness. All Brown's fault.
He was just a sad, arrogant dick & pretender to the throne; now we know he wasn’t even good at what he did FFS. But I would go further than that; I was a staunch Thatcherite & agreed with every principle (because of union probs) but, unfortunately, have since realised she destroyed our manufacturing base. A bit short sighted really & even more so considering the state of the “golden egg”, money & insurance markets she staked everything on. The UK insurance markets are already dodgy & if we loose the banks we have diddly squat; no wonder Cameron is now walking shy of upsetting them!

As for paying China back, I can’t offer a solution but maybe we don't need to; they need our consumer market. If not, perhaps we can let them ope a take-away in every village in the UK :LOL: & that’s not intended as racist.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back