warmfront,

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anybody help me,

I had a guy come round from warmfront, he was very pushy guy, I get on with most people but I didnt click with him, ive just being made redundent so though i would get this grant as my boiler playing up, first time in my ive gone to get somethink for free and I end up canceling it,

First of all I said I wanted a combi boiler fitted and he said i couldnt he could only replace the same sort of boiler, i said ok do that then, then he said i needed new pipes because of regs, he wanted to run them external, he said everybody has that done, I said no it will look a mess, then he said he could do it internal.

Ive just had all new carpets so i cancelled,

Is there anyway of using the old pipes ? the house is 2 bedrooom only 20 years old ?

Sponsored Links
As indicated on the posts on this (over 1 year old) thread, it depends on the size the pipes you already have, what the requirements of the new boiler are, what other gas appliances you have, the number of bends of pipework, the lengths of the pipe runs etc. I suspect that he does actually know what he's talking about, and he is correct in saying that alot of new gas pipe runs are placed externally.

Carpets do go back down after they've been lifted, so I'm not sure what you're concerns about this are :confused:

When people get £2700 worth of new boiler installation I can never understand why some refuse it because they dont want the house disturbed!

That leaves me wondering how they heat their house and water.

Tony

Thanks for your reply, Ive checked my pipes and they are 22mm, I just wanted the job done the easyist way, i didnt want to take up all the floor boards for no reason and make loads of mess because we just got a new born baby, I just keep going with the boiler ive got till the time is right.

Sponsored Links
If you have a standard system WarmFront want you to keep it especially if you have pipework under concrete floors as they don't want to pressurize it so the combi is out.

The WF grant money this year is now already allocated so it'd be a long term thing before you get another call I suspect.

It might be the gas or the condensate that needs to be run externally; both are OK but you can't grumble if he said he'd run it internally. The only other options are leave it as things are or wait until some sort of Star Trek-like transfer of matter over time and space is developed but by then you probably will not be worried about the appearance pf pipework.

The scheme were using Worcester boilers a while ago as first choice who require if I recall correctly that they want a 22 gas supply to the boiler. You could ask for an Ideal which does not require that in the MI. Of course if the gas pipework is undersized anyway it'd still have to be increased when discovered at comissioning.

The grant is £3500 BTW.

New Carpets?, New Baby? someones doing alright! have you got a three legged cat? a lot of my customers have one of those as well! :p

thanks for the advice people, and yea mate i was doing alright till i got made redundant 6 weeks before xmas, I think I give warmfront a ring see if they have got a three legged cat thats all they are good for, lol.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back