Useless Warm Front

i`ve done breakdowns for warmfront and i fixed peoples own boilers up to a limit of £250 which would cover more or less anything to a bbu
mind you i did go to an install where this moronic subby hadn`t done a soundness test before he started and then discovered he had a leak in an existing pipe under a concrete floor oops!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that as it confirms what I said earlier that Warmfront DO do a few repairs. Not enough in my view but............

As you are gas registered, could you email your reg details including youe card number to [email protected] and he will arrange your access to the Combustion Chamber private forum for gas people where we will look forward to seeing you.

Tony

you say the service engineer description of the boiler was its had it this normally means i dont know what im doing cant be bothered or im trying to flog you anew boiler bermuda parts are available call heateam baxi service division for one off repair because warmfront charge way too much even with 300pound grant

D_Hailsham";p="1400334 said:
My son's back boiler stopped working yesterday. We checked all the electrics (Y Plan) and everything tested OK, so we called the service engineer today. He came and said the boiler had had it - needed a new one.

why call a sevice engineer???????????????????
if you have done all the electrical checks you are better qualified than him

Sponsored Links
If Warmfront contractors are vetted and have to score 100% pass rate, why o why have i been to so many ridiculous warranty calls for boiler manufacturers

on one occasion - Oil fired External Combi, - complaint Hotwater OK, No Heat, - fault found a Drayton RF room stat had been installed, the RF reciever was inside the boiler casing, which is a BIG METAL BOX!, suprise suprise, the Radio link was lost, what was really stupis about it was it only took me about ten minuites to relocate the RF reciever inside the property and get it working ( above and beyond a boiler manufacturer's visit really) but good cutomer service, and won my company the service contract for the job ;)

Been to 5 isar installs by warmfront since start of the month. Not ONE had been flushed. All customers even said so. Systems were black. Old BBU out and bit rejig and isar in. Absolutely filthy. Made even me feel for the poor isar and just though no wonder the get grief when put in on systems like these.

thats the problem with getting people to do installs for a fixed price when someone else has done the survey. added to which eaga are as tight as a ducks ass when it comes to paying

thats the problem with getting people to do installs for a fixed price when someone else has done the survey.....
Taking the rough with the smooth, I'd be more than happy doing boiler swaps for an average of around £3500.
Leaving the system without proper cleaning has nothing to do with the surveyor, as he will not be able to tell how much the system is soiled in 9 out of 10 cases; that is simply poor quality installation work. And a total rip off.

Problem is Ben you don't get the £3500 for the job, that is the value of the grant. The high value items are supplied by Eaga, which you collect from merchant. Your labour price is pre-set from a menu and it includes pipe and basic fittings. And you can not solder any joints in a loft space. Comp or tectite. There is no price for a full machine powerflush, a h/c chemical clean is built into your price, if it does require a P/F its done at your cost.

Problem is Ben you don't get the £3500 for the job, that is the value of the grant.
The subbies getting only part of the money does not alter the fact that aega gets 3500 squid for the job. Having perfected the art of squeezing people dry, they are raking it in.
At the same time, subbies not doing a proper job because they don't feel they are getting paid enough, true as that may be, does not alter the fact that they deliver cowboy work.
Whoever does the job, direct labour or subbies, the main company is still responsible for delivering work of acceptable quality; the fact that they fail to do that, makes the whole scheme just another failed government initiative.

A lot of grant work/installs get tagged as Warmfront but have been done under other schemes. Even the householders have thought it was warmfront.

Personally I think warmfront is a sham and all the money should be put into boiler scrappage instead.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back