Heating question - major flood after service, what’s gone wrong here?

It is possible that he discovered it was split and took it outside to fake breaking it whilst cleaning.
Possibly not that as after the initial leak, he replaced some pipes, fitted a new pump and did whatever he did to the F&E tank. When it broke, he had to go away to get another, fitted that, presumably he then filled the system and run it. After a couple of minutes, water started ****ing through the ceiling again. From what my son said, the heating wasn’t on, just the hot water. I’ll try and have a nosey when I’m next down there and check the overflow. Whatever it was, he didn’t go upstairs when he returned the final time, he just turned the boiler down and he definitely did tell them it was his fault for having it up too high.

Sponsored Links
It is not his fault for turning the boiler up high, the system should be able to work properly no matter how high the thermostat is set at, the system is faulty and has to be addressed
Just cannot fathom why that fact is not registering.
It is registering and I do agree - where have I said I didn’t? Theres obviously a system design fault but two wrongs don’t make a right. What I don’t agree with is the bloke changing the pump and piping - if that made no change to the events that were happening after the service, it was obviously a mis-diagnosis on his part and the customer shouldn’t pay. His next diagnosis was to have a powerflush and if that didn’t work, he was suggesting replacing the pipe from the boiler to the 3 way valve. He frightened the **** out of my sons landlady who is in ill health and could do without the aggro - at one point she said she was seriously thinking of selling the house on the basis of what he was telling her! That would have been more than an inconvenience to my son, his partner and their child - all because a heating engineer made a wrong diagnosis and wanted to play parts darts with the heating system.

Nobody seems to have mentioned the fact that he hasn’t diagnosed what others on here have pointed out which kind of tells me all I need to know about his level of competence. It’s like one doctor not wanting to go against another. He isn’t somebody on here is he?

If I made a diagnosis on your car, charged you a good few hundred quid and it made no difference whatsoever, would you be happy with that?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back