If you thing BG is expensive ...

Sponsored Links
But I would expect a large company with very many employees would have the need for this equipment on a regular basis, so it would make sense to have their own equipment and not have to employ a scaffolder or hire a tower.

You expect someone to supply you scaffold for free as they are a large company and use it regularly? Regardless of if the company owns it or if they hire it in it is still a chargeable commodity.

If that worries you then I think you are going to be in for a shock with BG everything is an additional charge! That's if they actually quote for what you want and need and not just bang in a big combi.

@D_Hailsham Did you read my previous comment about how to get finance on the independent guy he wants to use while saving on finance fees?

Jon

Sponsored Links
After battling to change the heat exchanger on an istor before I would charge 5k just to remove the awful thing.

I am fairly sure that even BG do not have their own scaffold. They don't even always use thier own installers

Did you read my previous comment about how to get finance on the independent guy he wants to use while saving on finance fees?
That is being considered. Most 0% cards only provide that facility for a limited time, say one year, so it would still mean finding about £460 every month.

Did you read my previous comment about how to get finance on the independent guy he wants to use while saving on finance fees?
That is being considered. Most 0% cards only provide that facility for a limited time, say one year, so it would still mean finding about £460 every month.

Unless you card surf as most will offer 0% on balance transfers so you could switch to another after 11 months to another and gain another 12 months.

Do this twice and he has interest free finance for 3 years for £150 a month. Do it 4 times and its interest free for 5 years and its £90 a month etc etc etc...

Jon

So we're adding scaffolding and D2 difficulties into the mix?
I read the op this morning and thought...
There's so many of these posts.
I mean that could be an absolute bargain at £5.5k or a complete rip off.
Start throwing scaffolding, relocation of cylinder in potential a few hundred££ in flue, no route for D2 etc could be fitting a Raven heat could be a Viessmann 200 at 4x the cost.

But I would expect a large company with very many employees would have the need for this equipment on a regular basis, so it would make sense to have their own equipment and not have to employ a scaffolder or hire a tower.

Have you any idea of the cost of buying scaffolding,working at heights training/equipment, insurances etc. All needs to be paid for.
I use roofers for all vertical flues. It's not my job it's theirs. Let's them take the risk of falling off the Fecking roof.

From the info provided. Regardless of spec I think it's a bargain

Did a vertical flue this week with Dean and it was a monumental ball ache. Crumbly artificial slates, no roof ladder or scaffold, 3rd floor flat. Not a happy Bunny as both he and I hate heights.

You forgot to mention risk assessment, method statements, multiple bodies on site for safety.

And that's before they've even drained down.

Would be surprised if BG did this in house, let alone with company owned towers.

@petit_pablo?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back