If you thing BG is expensive ...

I wouldn't necessarily get one with G3 cert, they are some of the worst :LOL::LOL::LOL:
So how else can I get an unvented cylinder installed?

You will need a G3 certified installer to fit, commission and notify an unvented.

There are some guys on here round your way that may be able to help.

Is the independent that you first mentioned not G3 certified?

I'm actually quite surprised with your BG quote as its cheaper than I expected it to be. I was guessing in the region of 7.5 to 8 from them.

Jon

Sponsored Links
You will need a G3 certified installer to fit, commission and notify an unvented.
That's what I thought. It must be more cost effective to employ one person to install the boiler and cylinder than two, one for the boiler (no G3) and one for the cylinder (with G3).

No one has come forward yet. I have emailed six local installers, selected from the GSR website and listed with G3 qualification. So far I have received two positive replies. Two others have also replied - one has just retired, the other is mainly commercial and only does domestic boilers in conjunction with their commercial work. The one with Intergas listing hasn't bothered to reply.

The independent who has kept the system crawling along is G3 listed. Unfortunately all he as given, so far, is a verbal estimate, despite my asking for a written quotation.

Sponsored Links
That's what I thought. It must be more cost effective to employ one person to install the boiler and cylinder than two, one for the boiler (no G3) and one for the cylinder (with G3).

No one has come forward yet. I have emailed six local installers, selected from the GSR website and listed with G3 qualification. So far I have received two positive replies. Two others have also replied - one has just retired, the other is mainly commercial and only does domestic boilers in conjunction with their commercial work. The one with Intergas listing hasn't bothered to reply.

The independent who has kept the system crawling along is G3 listed. Unfortunately all he as given, so far, is a verbal estimate, despite my asking for a written quotation.

DH do you seriously think you'll get a good RGI to quote for this job? You've given out the address & complete details of the job!! Imagine someone like you with your chin on the poor installer's shoulder all day??!! Get real mate, most will think of a price & double it!

Was that with the BG £400 cashback? :LOL:, a good £1500 less than I was expecting too :D

Does Boris's Grant extend beyond the M25 Dan? DH's job has your name on it Dan, what you waiting for fella, get in there pronto!!

Intergas are serving me well mate. Although have a cheeky little Viessmann 111 going in at the end of the month.

Shed loads of ufh this summer too by the looks of things. Happy days :D

Was that with the BG £400 cashback? :LOL:, a good £1500 less than I was expecting too :D
Pre "discount" it was £7175; after £6426.

Puller -I certainly won't be standing over the engineer as I live in East Sussex and the house is nearly 60 miles away. No, the Boris discount won't apply, but I would get the BG "discount".

BG are quoting for a Glow-worm boiler. I would have expected something better for the price.

Pre "discount" it was £7175; after £6426.

Puller -I certainly won't be standing over the engineer as I live in East Sussex and the house is nearly 60 miles away. No, the Boris discount won't apply, but I would get the BG "discount".

BG are quoting for a Glow-worm boiler. I would have expected something better for the price.

Oh I'm sure the job will still get a wide berth, just incase the poor installer get the 'My Daddy says phone call'!!

Oh I'm sure the job will still get a wide berth, just in case the poor installer get the 'My Daddy says phone call'!!
Don't worry Dickie, I won't be asking you to quote as I'm not willing to pay your return fare from Glasgow and the cost of two/three nights at the local Travelodge.

Oh I'm sure the job will still get a wide berth, just in case the poor installer get the 'My Daddy says phone call'!!
Don't worry Dickie, I won't be asking you to quote as I'm not willing to pay your return fare from Glasgow and the cost of two/three nights at the local Travelodge.

Travelodge!! I always go at least 5 star Hotel fella.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back