re wifi video /tv reciever

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had this wifi receiver for a couple of years to transmit sky into the bedroom,however since upgrade to sky+ hd,the picture in the bedroom is doing my head in,as it has a line going though it and makes a clicking noise.i have tried moving the dongle on the front of the sky box and also moving the the transmitter downstairs,all to no avail,any ideas or tips to try would be most welcome.

Sponsored Links
A good test would be to bring the tv down from the bedroom, sit it next to the txer and see if the fault persists.

If it does then its a function of the new sky box, if it doesnt its a function of the combination of the new box and transmission path.

Microwave ovens, cordless phones and wifi networks can interfere with these systems as they typically share the same frequency spectrum so if you have changed anything in the house to do with any of them then try switching them off to see if that solves the problem.

Finally, if it is a function of the new box then it will probably be related to the fact that the box is trying to push an HD signal into the txer and therefore you might want to look at forcing the interface to output an SD signal on the connector to which your txer connects.

hth,

Paula

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back