Reactive Maintenance Software

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm really busy at the moment, working for 6 different clients, all over two counties.

At the moment I'm using a notepad to keep track of all the jobs, a different notepad for making quotation notes, another one for a list of items I need to stock up on etc. As you can imagine it's getting a bit chaotic.

My van has an integrated clipboard holder that just so happens would be perfect to hold a tablet.

So ideally I'd like to start using a tablet to log and help manage my work.

What I'd love would be a way of having a map come up with all my job locations, which client they are with and their priority. A side function for quotes, van inventory etc would be very nice too.

Does anyone have any experience with any software like this and could recommend something?

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
This is the type of software that most large housing associations or councils use to manage the work and operatives. You're looking at thousands of pounds.

The other problem you will have is that you will spend lots of time inputting data, but to no advantage - you may as well of wrote it down in the first place. This sort of software is only good when there are others to input the data and keep it all up to date

I can't see this being a time saver for such a small operation.

And it all seems to be Windows based and the mobile devices tend to be WinCE devices, rather than IOS or Android, or even the more modern Windows RT

Oooohhh... I sense an opportunity...

So you'd pay a fiver (say) a month for an app that did this on your iPhone, iPad or Android tablet?

I think you could take the app "Out of milk" (a shopping app) and convert it to something like this.

It has lists for bits you have, lists for bits you need.
A list of jobs to do etc.

Totally the wrong app but hey....

Mind you - its fantastic for going shopping lol

Sponsored Links
When your tablet is lost, stolen or damaged, where will your data be and how will you access it?

Well with the right app (like the one above) it keeps an online backup of everything.

I can make lists online and sync them to my tablet.

And as for losing it - get Cerberus to help find it.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm going to make my own app, I'll let you know how I get on!

Surely this would be proactive maintenance not reactive?

When a customer rings you for work then thats reactive but when you ring a customer and tell them work is required then thats being proactive

A small detail i know but worth mentioning i feel

not sure what you mean crank, I'm not telling anyone they need work done, they're ringing me?

Sorry, reading the title and a few threads namely imputting data i drew a false picture that you wanted something like annual notifications of work needing carrying out like say boiler servicing or burglar alarm servicing

Sponsored Links
Back