Ready made 'dry mix'?

i layed my edging bricks on my drive with a 4 and 1 wet mix 10mm pointed gaps and they havent budged and look good too . my neigbours had the so called pros in and it dont look a pretty sight with all the bits of grass and moss growing inbetween the blocks, if i never infilled with concrete i would had probaly layed the whole drive on a wet mix with jointing ,bit time consuming but i think its more tougher and lasting, each to there own they say ,ne way good luck agai:cool: n

This method is fine as long as you allow for expansion (10mm joint breaker) every 6m or so.
Laying on a bed of compacted grit allows for subtle flexibility and a uniform pattern over a larger area.

Sponsored Links
The whole gravelled area is only 5m x 5m so hopefully there won't be much expansion :) This is really only a decorative edge so that the two different coloured gravels don't mix together. We may occasionally drive a car onto the main gravel but it won't be anywhere near the blocks. I did a similar thing at my last house but it was a semicircle made from flat edged blocks. If I ever get my laptop fixed I'll post a photo when I've finished. Thanks for the advice. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back