real wood flooring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
ive bought some 22mm jotoba off ebay and want to fit it in my bathroom. i will lay tiles round bath. i can either screw down existing floor boards and lay over this, or rip up and lay jotoba onto joists. question which would you recommend if former existing floor boards a little domed but i could plane off in which case float (what membrane?), glue down or screw? if later should i just scre jotoba to joists.
cheers jon

Sponsored Links
if anyone got any advice be pleased to hear as getting close to having to do it, my own preference would be to whip up old boards and relay jotoba on joists as issue with head height,
cheers jon

I'm not sure you'll get many responses as using solid wood flooring in a bathroom is a bad idea. if you are really set on using wood you should go for engineered.

Sponsored Links
Jonny,

I’m sorry to come onto your thread with no advice about your actual question, but…

I had some left over oak boards and a bathroom that needed something on the floor, so I laid them. They really looked fantastic. I was truly delighted with the result.

Now it’s a year later and I regret the decision. Laying solid wood in a bathroom is not a good idea. No matter how often you oil the wood they shrink and the water runs into the gaps; they expand the the joints go black with mould and the oil splits at the board ends.

I’m going to have to go to a lot of effort to lift the boards now.

Therms

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back