Real world vs theoretical hot water temperatures

Sponsored Links
I suspect Jakey's rolling road printout is about as accurate as his gas rate calculations.....

It already is an MOT failure if you physically remove the DPF. If you just remove the internals but leave the original casing in place then it will pass MOT (y)

Emissions either pass or fail. It's a failure if you disable warning lights. But I stopped taking part in car forums a few years ago site to time constraints.

Sponsored Links
I suspect Jakey's rolling road printout is about as accurate as his gas rate calculations.....

Extremely accurate then :mrgreen:

Emissions either pass or fail. It's a failure if you disable warning lights. But I stopped taking part in car forums a few years ago site to time constraints.

They don't do an emmisions test on diesels. They only do a smoke test to make sure you're not obscuring the vision of other drivers.

My last car and van were mapped, they were like the smoke monster in Lost towards the end of their lives. No DPF on either too.

Excessive smoke is normally due to poor mapping although it can be down to faulty components. The black smoke is unburnt diesel so the map was probably just dumping loads of fuel in to try and compensate for the extra boost. Diesel's only meter their fuel as they don't have a throttle body.

Mileage is nothing on diesels if they're properly maintained especially on a Honda or BMW diesel engine. My BMW is on 171K and runs perfectly. It doesn't smoke and barely uses any oil. I'll be keeping it for a few years yet as well. I am anal when it comes to maintenance though.

Mileage is nothing on diesels if they're properly maintained especially on a Honda or BMW diesel engine. My BMW is on 171K and runs perfectly. It doesn't smoke and barely uses any oil. I'll be keeping it for a few years yet as well. I am anal when it comes to maintenance though.
Well, we're all into a bit of anal aren't we?

Wasn't often my oil got to 5 figures before changing and it never used a drop either . But as you know too, Honda clutches were made from soggy jaffa cakes.

Could have been an iffy map, but I would probably blame the previous owner's maintenance... He was bank manager for Halifax.

When we got it mapped and the A-spec suspension fitted I took a police chum (2.4 vtec owner) for a little spin. He was somewhat shocked what a huge Tourer could do in the turns and off roundabouts. As was the oik I in his EP3 type R ;).

My chum put it down to the fact I rode motorbikes for years through cotswold lanes before even getting a car license. :D

The current car's previous owner was senior management for Honda UK (a Japanese dude too) and has been very well looked after. Was bought principally for SWMBO's safety and convenience rather than fun.

Excessive smoke is normally due to poor mapping although it can be down to faulty components. The black smoke is unburnt diesel so the map was probably just dumping loads of fuel in to try and compensate for the extra boost. Diesel's only meter their fuel as they don't have a throttle body.

I thought significant unburnt diesel gave a white exhaust ?

Honda do Diesels?!?!?!
Yep. Would you believe me if I told you porsche do diesels as well!

Feel free to visit my counseling thread if you need any support after you have processed these revelations mate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back