Real world vs theoretical hot water temperatures

Sponsored Links
I can't wait. It's so unfair. Life is unfair. It's all Europes fault.
Like I said. We can talk about this in the counseling thread.

Don't worry pal. No matter how much you think there is no other way. There's always a solution.

Dan's got the shotgun. But I've still got a few nooses in stock so all is not lost

Sponsored Links
Think I'm going to have to. Can I borrow the 12 bore?

Tell me about it. To make matters worse, the little sods made the lovely 7th Feb Accord into a 4x4 with a poxy 2 litre vtec. Imagine if it had the diesel goodness inside.

Japanese pollution rules can be even more retarded than Europe.

why is that odd ? to be honest i only know enough to mend the engine with a manual but i thought if you alter the ecu you would have problems getting it mot'd. then i saw what jake & jeff wrote which corrected me which I'm happy with, so i wasn't saying it was a fact more of a question , i thought mapping was re-programing the ecu if its bol-ocks please say , if its true why is it an odd thing to say ?

Last edited:
It will invalidate your insurance if your later come to rely on a statement that your van is un-modified..

Nozzle

modifying vehicles is not a failure, certain things would be, removal of catalytic convertors for example, many large companies retune their fleets to have lower emissions for a better carbon footprint and lower fuel costs.

If you retuned a vehicle so badly that the emissions were so far out that it failed an mot that would be something else, but it wouldn't apply to diseasels as they are not tested for emissions.

It will invalidate your insurance if your later come to rely on a statement that your van is un-modified..

Nozzle

Well it's lucky that modified vehicles are not the insurance nightmare they used to be, insurance companies are a lot more familiar with these kind of practices.

That said, it would be extremely odd for an insurance company to go through the procedure of testing an ecu to see if it were remapped, maybe under some very odd circumstances, can't really think of any off hand though.

Excessive smoke is normally due to poor mapping although it can be down to faulty components. The black smoke is unburnt diesel so the map was probably just dumping loads of fuel in to try and compensate for the extra boost. Diesel's only meter their fuel as they don't have a throttle body.

I thought significant unburnt diesel gave a white exhaust ?

white is water, or something more serious.

I have several modified guns if that counts.
I may kill myself to get away from this thread.

Used to run a 440cui V8 diesel on the sniff.....trust me..;)
Ford twin wheeler.
Fuel pump maxed out with exhaust stacks sooting , hit the bottle and she'd be blowin white smoke..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back