Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
The black lives matter brigade are behind the demand to drop Rule Britannia and Land of hope and Glory.

Agree with Ihavenojob. WTF is actually going on?

It surely cannot simply be that stupid people are in charge of everything nowadays - or can it?

Sponsored Links
It does feel like an effort to expunge our cultural past, which regardless of it's dubious nature at times, I feel is a very dangerous and worrying thing.

The problem is that you have these pressure groups who are constantly agitating for change, they operate behind scene.
I listened to one of their representives on BBC radio, he said that Britain had changed radically in the last 50 years and was now a multi racial society and in the next 50 years the white population will be a minority.
I thought he was talking ****** but apparently he is correct.

https://www-independent-co-uk.cdn.a...ority-before-2070-says-professor-8600262.html
Apparently we face the same fate as the red Squirrel.
Personally i don't care as i wont be around in 50 years.

Nope.

There has been no meeting of the group, or its committee, no vote taken and no decision made.

You are making it up.

Funny, nobody complains that they don't hear Two Little Boys or Tie Me Kangoroo Down Sport on the radio anymore, but suddenly everybody cares about orchestral music that the toffs like to sing along to.

I think this has just all been twisted again. Proms is now a globally watched event, and the ending of the last night also encourages audience participation. But, this year there will be no audience, and a much smaller orchestra, so it really won't have the same impact, and watching a smaller orchestra relatively quietly play the old tunes without all the flag waving mayhem might fall a bit flat. The conductor has suggested trying out some different songs.

That's it. Boring news story really. But hey, let's somehow make it an attack on BLM, and claim the lefties are trying to change history...

Funny, nobody complains that they don't hear Two Little Boys or Tie Me Kangoroo Down Sport on the radio anymore, but suddenly everybody cares about orchestral music that the toffs like to sing along to.

I think this has just all been twisted again. Proms is now a globally watched event, and the ending of the last night also encourages audience participation. But, this year there will be no audience, and a much smaller orchestra, so it really won't have the same impact, and watching a smaller orchestra relatively quietly play the old tunes without all the flag waving mayhem might fall a bit flat. The conductor has suggested trying out some different songs.

That's it. Boring news story really. But hey, let's somehow make it an attack on BLM, and claim the lefties are trying to change history...

Oh the assumption you're not a "toff" and the proms is only listened to and attended by toffs, why would anyone care as to what they play? Apart from "toffs"?

Oh the assumption you're not a "toff" and the proms is only listened to and attended by toffs, why would anyone care as to what they play? Apart from "toffs"?

I listen to and watch the Proms (and attend many classical performances every year). I'm definitely not a "toff". I care what is played at the Proms.

...because they aren't very good?

Cancel (how apt) it altogether, then for those reasons.

If not an event, people can play the music any time they want.

Yeah, Beeb could just repeat last year's one, they are all very similar really!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back