Wogan = Children in Need

rommy said:
I would much like to see people get Knighted who do a good in helping people for nothing.
I agree with you - this doesn't mean that the likes of Terry Wogan shouldn't receive an honour, but if it was put to the vote then your doctor example would get my vote and TW wouldn't.

Sponsored Links
Trouble is the media give the impression that our country is obsessed with celebrities/sportstars and what they do rather than the 'unsung heroes' of our society.Take the Brit Awards for example - highly paid musicians getting a free **** up to pat themselves on the back.How many medical staff get a free **** up for their efforts? :(

I think he should get a achievement award for his long service,but not a Knighthood.If he had done it for as long as he has for nothing, then yes he would very much deserve it.But I don't think you should have both.
When will David Beckham get a Knighthood?Or his wife?

Sponsored Links
Softus said:
rommy said:
When will David Beckham get a Knighthood?Or his wife?
I don't think he'll ever get his wife. :eek:
Wife? Oh, you mean that stick insect who struts around with him looking like she owns the place? Make me sick the pair of them. :mad:

I expect Tony Blair will go into the house of Lords when he steps down this year.Then it will be Lord and Lady Blair.

the whole things outdated , should be scrapped, its open to all sorts of abuse, the labour party started off with talk of abolishing it and now their victims of abusing it themselves. :evil:

Hi Richardp,you got to think that Politicians are there for themselves,they couldn't give a monkies about us.Blair say lots.I just take what he's says with a pinch of salt.When he get his Lordship,he will beam from ear to ear.Best regards

Sponsored Links
Back