Rear extension leaving 2.5cm PD gap cases

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm planning to do a 6m kitchen rear extension under PD but I need to leave a slight material gap between this and the existing protruding 3m side extension. I understand there are several appeal case wins about this gap, at the 2.5cm, 5cm and 10cm gap levels. If these cases are in the public domain, how/where can I find them please? (apart from planning jungle). Better still, if someone can kindly post the links on this thread or message me.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
The majority of appeal cases on these small distances between extensions are actually dismissed.

Strangely, if building a detached structure under Part E, it can be built 2.5/5cm etc from the existing house without breaching the rules.

(you say you dont want to refer to Planning Jungle, but that site details the appeals in a convenient format, and also gives the inspector's reasoning behind the decisions).

How did you get on, I have been advised that a 200mm gap is not material as the overhang from a 1975 2-storey gutters would make the gap less than 100mm for a separate single storey orangery that is of a totally different design? We went down PD as we thought it was factual, but now realise this is subjective as LPA are saying our proposal is ‘Joined’

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back