Opinion needed please for planning permission

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi expert planners,

I'm looking to extend the house as attached - it already has a double storey side extension (original 1960's house in green hash). I'm thinking of doing it in the following steps to avoid it being deemed 'intensive use' or 'over-development' if done in 1 go:

(1) Apply for 3m conservatory (max 2.5m height and 1m from boundary).[shown in pink], if passed, at the same time...;
(2) Apply for gable roof extension and dormer [shown in red], if passed, then after (1)/(2) built;
(3) Apply for 6m rear under PD (leaving a 2.5cm gap as shown).

What is the likelihood of success for this based on your past experiences? (neighbours are all super-friendly so not a hindrance & 45 degree rule being met for convervatory & rear-garden is north-facing).

Many thanks in advance!

PS there are 2 entrance doors on the front, can the 2nd door also have a 3sq.m. porch right to the boundary under PD [shown in blue]?

Attachments

• Planning opinion.jpg
    Planning opinion.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Size of rear garden needs to be min 7m (from memory) post build and you’ve probably used up all of your PD.

Thanks, however garden space is not an issue as even after these extensions it will be 8m long and 13m wide =104sq m, and I believe the garden amenity space needed is 50sq m for a 3-bed-house plus 10sq m for each extra bedroom. Any other thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
You should put it all on a single application for full planning permission imho. A lot of people don't realise that if you apply for (in this case) 3 separate elements on an application, then you only need to complete 1 of the 3 elements within 3 years for your permission to be valid 'in perpetuity' (presuming that none of the elements are PD of course)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back