Rear Vent in Hisense Fridge Freezer has Frozen Solid

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

After a bit of advice.

I have a Hisense Fridge Freezer, and while cleaning the long sliding drawer at the bottom of the fridge section (kind of like a chilled drinks drawer), I noticed some ice at the back of the drawer.

Upon pulling the drawer out, looking at the back there are what appear to be two vents.

In the picture, you can see the left vent is clear, and the gap goes back a few cms.
The one on the right is frozen solid.
I managed to chip away all which had formed in front of the vent, and also maybe 20% going back through the vent, but it really is solid all the way through.

In the picture, this visible ice is what has come back over the last week.

I don't understand how the ice is forming.

If something is leaking behind the vent, once that vent is frozen solid, no more ice should come through as the vent is completely blocked, but it does look like ice is forming on the outside too!

Any help please would be great, thank you.

IMG_1682.jpg IMG_1683.jpg

Sponsored Links
if its frost free try defrosting for 24 hours as you probably have voids filled with ice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back