rear washer jet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick question, the rear washer jet on my 05 plate vectra has stopped working, pump operates just no screen wash, fronts working fine, any ideas?

cheers

steve

Sponsored Links
Jet blocked or if you have a puddle the pipe to the rear screen has broken.

PS sometimes the filter in the bottom of the pump gets blocked

well after much thinking im of the opinion that the pump is blocked now am i right in thinking that to get to it its best to remove the inner wheel arch?

cheers
steve

get someoine to operate the washers and have a listen near the rear tailgate for running water, the pipe may have just popped off somewhere

Sponsored Links
well after much thinking im of the opinion that the pump is blocked now am i right in thinking that to get to it its best to remove the inner wheel arch?

cheers
steve

Yes you are, but don't rush in as mentioned above double check for a leak

all sorted now cheers, removed/peeled back the inner wheel arch, removed pump, cleaned the filter, tried again, nothing, replaced pump nothing ( started to feel rather annoyed) traced all the pipe work from the washer bottle to the rear jet, no leaks in the end got compresser and blew the pipe work through, works a treat now, just a bit gutted that a wasted nearly £20 on a pump that a didnt need, but alls well that ends well.

cheers

steve
p.s any 1 wanna buy a washer pump? lol

You may be able to return it if you still have the receipt?

Back