Reboarding ceilng alone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to reboard ceiling about 12 X 8 ft,and have purchased 8 X 4 boards.These will need to be cut down to clear narrow stairs,maximum size of around 800mm.Would it be advisable to use panels of 32" X 4 ft.I reckon I shall get by using about 9-12 of these panels.Am I being too ambitious with boards of this size.I plan to screw to laths and joists,and them to nail to joists once boards up.

Sponsored Links
MAke a dead man out of battens. Dont nail the board unless you like 50p bits of plaster popping off!!

i would make something like a big letter L, that you screw to the joist , which you can then slot one end in and itll hold it up.

Best way is use 6ft boards, as you can hold them with your head. Or if you can get a mate to hold them, it'll only take you half an hour.

Sponsored Links
yeah me and a friend managed 8x4 boards. He held one end up with an upside down yard brush whilst i screwed the other end into the joists.
Simples! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back