rebuilding a old coal house

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i wabt to flatten a old coal house thats attached only to my side of the house, its single brick and non use at the moment.

i was to rebuilding using breeze block cavity walls and render. this will then be used as a utility room for the kitchen.

will i need planning for this if if i stick to similar height and size?

if i increae the size slightly would this effect it?

Sponsored Links
You've not told us the dimensions on this area but reading between the lines I'd say it's absolutely fine to do as planned.

If in doubt though - speak to your local planning dept and they'll advise you. Be sure to give them the dimensions though. :hehe:

You probably won't need Planning Permission (check with planning first) but you may fall foul of Building Regulations, depending on how you go about it. You are effectively rebuilding & will almost certainly run into problems with the suitability of existing foundations; one way around it may be to convert what you already have by way of damp proofing & providing additional insulation internally but depending on how sound the existing structure is, LABC may not be happy with that either; it would be best to outline what you propose & check with them first.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back