Rebuilding Conservatory Foundations and Floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to see if there’s anything else I need to buy to rebuild my conservatory floor. It’s an old conservatory so it’s all windows and the floor was rotting with mold so we’ve taken that off. I’m planning to just buy wooden members and replace them and put in plywood panels before putting in PVC Floor paper again. Is there more I need to buy? I’m not too familiar with foundations so any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• BA4C6499-6FDD-4517-9FDC-02ED1165F046.jpeg
    BA4C6499-6FDD-4517-9FDC-02ED1165F046.jpeg
    554.4 KB · Views: 62
  • BA05C5BC-418C-488B-8FAD-4209E7A136FE.jpeg
    BA05C5BC-418C-488B-8FAD-4209E7A136FE.jpeg
    364 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Are there any air vents in the walls?
I’m assuming not, and that’s why It’s mildly.

You need some air vents to stop this happening again... or have a Solid concrete floor (If you have the height)

is that a wet concrete slab or earth?
what is your house floor?
I am not a builder but kind of think a concrete floor would be better?
You could insulate it.

Are there any air vents in the walls?
I’m assuming not, and that’s why It’s mildly.

You need some air vents to stop this happening again... or have a Solid concrete floor (If you have the height)

Thanks for your response I’ll look into that as we don’t seem to have any vents at all. Will drilling holes into the bricks be ok as I’m not too sure how to put air bricks. Or do you have a different suggestions

Sponsored Links
is that a wet concrete slab or earth?
what is your house floor?
I am not a builder but kind of think a concrete floor would be better?
You could insulate it.

Thanks for replying. It’s wet concrete. I’ll definitely keep that as an option, thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back