Rec Sparks?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
During a recent full rewire job, I got the local REC Company to upgrade the service head, As two adjoining houses where fed from one 60a supply fuse, They fitted two new service cutouts in the house I was rewiring, (One for each property), So I asked them what type of fuses they had fitted in the cutouts, They said 80a in each one, So I said "Yes, But what type", (BS88/BS1361), One of the bright sparks replied "Blimey I don't know, It's just an 80a fuse to me" And gave me a funny look,
I needed this information for the inspection certificate etc,

Where does the REC get these people from, And who trains them?

Sponsored Links
They would probably be cable jointers or linesmen, not sparks, although some sparks were absorbed into the distribution side of the old electricity boards after privatisation and the demise of the contracting arm. They would be trained by the REC/ contractor, these people are the same people who are climbing poles in the middle of the night in a howling gale re instating supplies

Paul, Service Cutout fuses in Domestic premises and small commercials are BS1361..

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back