Recent rain and wind problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long time lurker first time poster.

So just recently bought my first property been in here 2 months now and had a few problems nothing major till now. With the wind and rain that storm Barbara has brought in I had a leak in 3 window frames and when I say leak I mean a leak. It was pouring in from the top of the window as it ran through the the plasterboard frame.

So my question would this just be a simple chip away the old and repoint and resilicone or something more. It was on the upstairs Windows the frames are recessed in the brick about 2 inches. One window is just brick surround the other are large pebble dash style render.

I'm not shy of getting dirty I'm a mechanic by trade so know my way round some tools and just finished of a load of ground floor repointing. It looks like it needs repointing round one window but the other 2 are rendered so slightly confused there.

Thanks for reading hope you can help.

Sponsored Links
You first need to determine where the leak is coming from, then we can discuss the best repair method. Make sure there are no cracks in the rendering, and obviously check the silicone for gaps. But the problem may not just be the windows. As there's normally a bit of an overhang above the windows, this would stop a really heavy downpour, so the problem may be coming from higher up.

Well I'm going to try to get a ladder sorted then I can at least have a look face on instead of hanging out of a window at least. I'm hoping it's just old silsipcne and that really

Sponsored Links
Going to need a pic of the outside of the windows including what is above them (roof, guttering etc).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back