recently qualified gas engineer lookin for work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi i am a 23 year old from the liverpool area recently qualified in in boilers, fires, cookers and meters i am keen to work for someone as id like to gain the experience i also hold a full clean drivers license
lookin forward for anyone to get back to me

[email protected]

Sponsored Links
As a matter of interest how much do you expect to earn as someone with the ACS but no experience?

As you probably realise there is a shortage of jobs even for experienced people.

Tony

hi i am a 23 year old from the liverpool area recently qualified in in boilers, fires, cookers and meters i am keen to work for someone as id like to gain the experience i also hold a full clean drivers license
lookin forward for anyone to get back to me

[email protected]

Best advice is put a sign on your van and away you go.
Very little work around so it will be the only way.

He may not have a van.

I think that he sensibly wants to work for someone where he can gain experience with the backup of someone who knows what he is doing.

There are already far too many people trying to do boiler work without any experience!

Tony

Sponsored Links
He may not have a van.

I think that he sensibly wants to work for someone where he can gain experience with the backup of someone who knows what he is doing.

There are already far too many people trying to do boiler work without any experience!

Tony
For the very reasons said. They can't get in with anyone to get any experience. Sadly the training courses and methods in the country
leave people poorly equiped to take on such work.
Too much concentration on rules and regulations rather than
this is how you install a boiler on the wall well.
That is not to say even if he got in with someone it would do
any good. Blind leading the blind.

I used to let selected people come with me unpaid to gain experience.

Oddly, I have not had any requests for at least six months now.

Sadly, its necessary for me to be quite selective with whom I take though. They have to be presentable to customers for a start.

I used to let selected people come with me unpaid to gain experience. They have to be presentable to customers for a start.

Also:
1. No mobile phone stuck to their ear or texting through out the day.
2. Clean looking- the down and out look is not good for customers.
3. No paint, tile adhesive or silicone on their clothes.
4. POLITE.

This is just a starter, feel free to add more.

Andy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back