ACS qualified but....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been doing property refurbs for 20 yrs and in that time worked alongside Corgi reg installers when connecting up the boilers ( i fitted the central heating). Also assisted when doing CP12's and services within a private portfolio of 25 properties. All this over a period of 5 yrs.
Decided to get the ACS and passed with only 2 questions wrong in getting my CCN1, HTR1, CEN1, CKR1, WAT1 and also CPA1 which i understand is now compulsory.
Looked and applied all over the recruiters for 'gas service engineers' and never get a look in as ive not had experience or coming from a gas servicing job. Getting on my nerves now as im probably more up to date, fresh and keen than most of them. When you say you are newly qualified, they lose interest.
The Corgi chap i built my portfolio with was doing gas servicing for a local authority and was very poor to say the least, and here i am thinking i can't get a look in when some people who are already working don't even know how to gas rate.
Anyway, ive decided to go self employed and have made initial enquiries to Corgi.
Its a shame that i have to go the long way round, and to more expense in order to show my ability that most recruiters can't be bothered to look at.
Any advice on how to approach large servicing companies, as most don't answer back, or are not interested?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Offer to work for a trial period for little money. Gives the company a chance to see how you get on. You may find that with little experiance you will struggle as passing ACS is one thing but theres a lot more to learn. Unfortunatley passing ACS is no considered easy and experiance is of more value.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back