Becoming GAS SAFE!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey... I’m already a plumber and looking to take my ACS...

Although I’m a working plumber I’m only qualified to Level 2 C&G.

I want to take the ACS asap.. And I’m wondering which of the courses I need to take... there are, I believe....

CCN1
CKR1
WAT1
CEN1
HTR1
DAH1
MET1
LAU1
CONGLP1

Do i need to complete ALL of these to get on the gas safe register? I work alongside a gas safe plumber as it is.

I understand I also have to complete a portfolio... how long is this... and what does it consist of exactly? I've been told conflicting things, one says I need to have 60 hours logged... another says 60 jobs... I shouldn’t have any problem achieving this as he's a BG contractor.

Any other advice any of you may see as suitable will be gracefully received!

Sponsored Links
No you will need Core and then modules on whatever appliances you intend to work on.
Usually get good deals on core and 4 appliances

No you will need Core and then modules on whatever appliances you intend to work on.
Usually get good deals on core and 4 appliances

Ah, cheers. that does make sense

So if i just want to work on the likes of, combi boilers, cookers, fires... the general gas residential gas work...

would i be doing

CCN1
CKR1
HTR1
CEN1
+ 1 more.... what would you guys suggest i would use the most out of the remaining ones?

Sponsored Links
no mate, but was probably you that stole my hubcaps last time i was up your way.

Do i need to complete ALL of these to get on the gas safe register? I work alongside a gas safe plumber as it is.

ask him then :confused:

I'm not here for any smart a**e answers mate, if i could i would. he's on a job and his phone his dead, and i want to know now.

so "jog on"

desprate to know on a friday evening fishy :rolleyes:

Would a Sunday afternoon between 8-9am have been adequate for you?

There really are idiots on every forum aren't there.

ask him then :confused:

I'm not here for any smart a**e answers mate, if i could i would. he's on a job and his phone his dead, and i want to know now.

so "jog on"

Would a Sunday afternoon between 8-9am have been adequate for you?

There really are idiots on every forum aren't there.

desprate to know on a friday evening fishy :rolleyes:

no but there are plenty of places you can get the info

during the day

like i said fishy :rolleyes:

I work 10-12 hour days, 7 days a week... i dont get time to cold call companies during their opening hours.

As crazy as it may seem, i thought a forum like this would be an easy place to find the information.... but somewhat unsurprisingly im greated with some pathetic one-upmanship between you regular members.

I can have follow-up questions here with a faster reply.

Thankfully. there is atleast one helpfull member on this forum who has answered my question thus far.

so "jog on"

As you work 10-12 hours a day and work "alongside" him then why are you not with him now?

It does not say much for his communication skills if he leaves his phone off!

If you must have your own registration the easiest route is to work as an operative with a registered firm for a while. That might enable you to bypass needing a portfolio.

Tony

so "jog on"

As you work 10-12 hours a day and work "alongside" him then why are you not with him now?

It does not say much for his communication skills if he leaves his phone off!

If you must have your own registration the easiest route is to work as an operative with a registered firm for a while. That might enable you to bypass needing a portfolio.

Tony

My mother was diagnosed with swine flu today so i left early to go and check she was ok. His phone is only off as his battery is dead.

I hope your mum gets better, your m8 gets his phone sorted, you get a Plumber`s attitude and drop the Gas fitters one :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back