Becoming GAS SAFE!

how do you know his battery is dead?

Jesus.... i spoke to him earlier and he warned me i might not be able to get in touch with him later tonight because his battery low?

Will that suffice?

Sponsored Links
The common one you missed out is WAT1, which is Water Heaters, like the Chaff Britonys, Main Medways, and more modern things like Rinnais.

If you want to do Landlords Gas Safety Checks you'll need it.
Numbers 5 and 6 would be Warm air, DAH1, and Meters. You may have estates with a few warm air heaters left near you, but Meters isn't much use. Only for Landlords Meters really, you still can't touch the Gas Carriers' meters.
I've got Driers, and have never used it!

LPG - deoends on what's near you. TBH it can be a bit confusing to start with the two at once. Maybe add it if you need it, later.

The oddity at the moment is Flue Gas Analysis. It's going to get combined with CCN1 or summat at some point, we think, but for the moment you have to do it. It's very short though so is combined in some way at most centres.

Ask your probable ACS centre about exactly what they want to see from you. They'll vary, partly in their interpretations, and partly as a result of working with different boards. (eg CITB, etc)

I'm a part time ACS assessor, but the blokes are through the admission stuff by the time I see them so I don't know the details. I can tell you all the centres are dead quiet at the moment so you should be able to squeeze a good deal somewhere! Don't come to us, you even have to pay for your coffee!

The common one you missed out is WAT1, which is Water Heaters, like the Chaff Britonys, Main Medways, and more modern things like Rinnais.

If you want to do Landlords Gas Safety Checks you'll need it.
Numbers 5 and 6 would be Warm air, DAH1, and Meters. You may have estates with a few warm air heaters left near you, but Meters isn't much use. Only for Landlords Meters really, you still can't touch the Gas Carriers' meters.
I've got Driers, and have never used it!

LPG - deoends on what's near you. TBH it can be a bit confusing to start with the two at once. Maybe add it if you need it, later.

The oddity at the moment is Flue Gas Analysis. It's going to get combined with CCN1 or summat at some point, we think, but for the moment you have to do it. It's very short though so is combined in some way at most centres.

Ask your probable ACS centre about exactly what they want to see from you. They'll vary, partly in their interpretations, and partly as a result of working with different boards. (eg CITB, etc)

I'm a part time ACS assessor, but the blokes are through the admission stuff by the time I see them so I don't know the details. I can tell you all the centres are dead quiet at the moment so you should be able to squeeze a good deal somewhere! Don't come to us, you even have to pay for your coffee!

Thank you. Very helpfull indeed!

Sponsored Links
you need to do an apl course(approved prior learning), work with a gasafe registered engineer and fill in your portfolio with 12 different jobs, then once they are happy at the training centre you can apply to do your acs course.
goodluck

Jay is talking about the requirements to just do the ACS assessments.

You semed to be asking about registration which may have other requirements apart from an ACS pass.

Tony

I recieved a letter from the local ACS center yesterday, they are now finally offering the CPA1 ticket for a £250 :rolleyes:. Be lucky if it takes two hours :evil:

Jay is talking about the requirements to just do the ACS assessments.

You semed to be asking about registration which may have other requirements apart from an ACS pass.

Tony
yep as tony has pointed out i am reffering to what you will need to do in order to do the acs course.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back