Gas training

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,
How much experience with a CORGI registered gas fitter do I need to be able to take the ACS CCN1 and CEN1 assessments? I have NVQ level 2 plumbing at the moment.

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
You may have an NVQ 2 but is that just the "technical certificate" or the full NVQ ?

Apart from the NVQ have you actually ever worked in the plumbing industry?

Tony

benjamin31 said:
Hello,
How much experience with a CORGI registered gas fitter do I need to be able to take the ACS CCN1 and CEN1 assessments? I have NVQ level 2 plumbing at the moment.

Thanks for any advice.

I think it`s more about hours on gas that counts now. You need to prove that you have experience, competence & knowledge of gas & all related appliances. You need a portfolio with piccies & sworn friggin` testimonies now I believe.

You have an NVQ which stands for Not Very Qualified, I would suggest you learn all about plumbing first before you try & move on to gas, I`d give it at least 3-5 years as a plumber then consider going for your gas qualifications.

And if you work really hard & get gas qualified, you will be able to go to someone`s boiler & still not have a clue as to why it`s broken down ;) ( but at least you will be qualified to say: Haven`t got a clue Luv).

Yep I have the full NVQ, and work as a plumber. Just wondered if there was a certain amount of hours I needed to work with a gas fitter before I can do the assessments.

Sponsored Links
benjamin31 said:
Yep I have the full NVQ, and work as a plumber. Just wondered if there was a certain amount of hours I needed to work with a gas fitter before I can do the assessments.

Err.. like I said ...yes.. & you will be required to produce a portfolio of evidence.

So there isn't a specific amount of hours, or number of jobs, or length of time working with a gas fitter?

benjamin31 said:
So there isn't a specific amount of hours, or number of jobs, or length of time working with a gas fitter?

As far as I am aware you need to have a set number of hours for each gas appliance, you then need proof of having done said hours i.e. portfolio, your best bet is to contact your nearest college, they will give you the exact criteria to be met. I think you may have to prove that you are training under a Corgi gas fitter/ Company.The days are gone when you could just get a letter from your Corgi mate saying you have been on the gas for yonks. You will stand out like a sore thumb on your ACS anyway if you don`t have any experience.

I have a "Fast Tracker" working with me at the moment .

He has to do the following before any ACS assesment

15 written exams (apx 20hrs) 100% pass only to move on .

30 new boiler + rad installs

30 bolier repairs

30 bolier services

10 cooker installs

10 service/repairs

20 fire installs

20 fire repairs/ services

think thats about it !!!

Arf

oohhh and £7000 + work for nothing to gain his "on the job training"

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back