Returning to the world of Gas


21 Apr 2010
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I need a little advice and i hope you can help....

I was trained and employed by british gas as an engineer up to 2006 however, i left the organisation and stupidly let my ACS lapse in 2008. I now am looking to re qualify and am running into trouble. I originally did my ACS and NVQ internally with british gas and was awarded the ACS by Zuric who have subsequently sold their training on to NICEIC. I have found a ACS retrain course that takes five 8 days including 5days training 3 days assesment in CCN1 CEN1 CAP1 and four appliances of my choice.
My problem is that the acreditation body is Blue flame as appose to Zuric or NICEIC and i am wondering if that makes a real difference or is one ACS body as good as the next provided you get qualified and GAS safe registered??

Thanks and sorry it is a bit long winded

Sponsored Links
They are all such a muchness.... An ACS is an ACS so it really doesn't matter who you go with..
Provided the certifier is recognised by HSE/Gas Safe Register there is nothing to worry about P.S. welcome back!! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links